Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Praise God for His Provisions

Sunday's sermon was on God's provisions - how fitting as Matt and I are wondering what's next. Well, today we received some great news - his former employer is giving him a severance package. That comes as quite a relief as we weren't sure how we would survive on half our income with a baby coming. I am breathing easier and praising God! He does provide, and this serves as a reassurance that He is in control. Though we don't know where Matt will go from here, we are confident that God will get us through.

Pregnancy Pains
Overall I am feeling pretty well for being 38 weeks pregnant. The only thing that is really getting me right now is the heartburn. I am being a little pickier on what I eat, and that seems to be helping. I have found that just about every food gives me heartburn, but some foods less than others. I am almost packed for the hospital. I just have to throw a few more things in my bag, and we are good to go. Hopefully I only have 2 weeks left!

Baby Room

Matt painted the baby's room this week, and now he is busy putting together the furniture. Slowly, but surely we are getting everything ready. The baby room is a very light blue. We are going for kind of a water, aloha, tropical, surfing theme. This way if the baby surprises us and is a girl, the room color will still work.

Registry
No, we haven't registered at Target yet. I just don't have the energy after work. We are also busy with ALPHA, Wed. services and Matt's play practices. Since I have to drill this weekend, I think the only way to get registered is to take time off of work. Now I just have to find a few hours to take off. Who knew registering would be such a hassle?

No comments: