Monday, March 06, 2006

Long, Busy Weekend

We had our pre-natal class this weekend, so we are ready to go ... ya, right. We took the weekend crash course which was really good. It covered the basics and definitely prepared us a little better.

Over the past couple weeks I learned one helpful thing that was touched upon this weekend - it is better to go in without any expectations. I actually feel at peace about the whole thing - because I don't have any real expectations (other than bringing home a baby, of course). Everyone I have talked to has had a completely different experience, so I know there is no way of knowing how my own experience will be.

We bought paint this weekend for the baby room. Matt will be working on masking and painting for the next couple days. Since our baby furniture is white, we figured it would look better if our walls weren't white as well. We picked out a really light blue - I can't wait to see what it looks like on the walls.

OK, so we meant to register this weekend. We even went to Target to register, but thier scanners were charging and we didn't want to wait. We are hoping I will have enough energy to go after work tonight, otherwise I might take a morning off this week to get that accomplished. We did get partially registered at Babies R Us during a lunch break last week, but we didn't get much on there yet. There were just too many choices that we weren't prepared for. We hope to finish up there after Target.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa --
Just checking in! I am very excited to keep posted on your news when I'm out of the office. Say hi to everyone at work. Can you believe you only have a few weeks to go??
Meg