Saturday, April 08, 2006

Praise God - We Slept!

Sure, now that reinforcements have arrived (Russ, Brittany and Brooke), then David decides to sleep during the night. We did everything we could to keep him up as much as possible yesterday. In fact, he stayed up for almost 4 hours straight. So last night when it came time to go to bed, he didn't fuss. I woke about 4 times to change and feed him, then at 4 a.m. it started again. He cried for a few hours before settling into a morning nap. This is still the best night's sleep so far since he has been born.

Since Matt has play today and tonight, Russ and the girls are going to help me out. It is great having them here, especially because then I don't have to be alone all day. They are also a great help, so hopefully I can get some stuff done around the house - finally. Of course, it helps that I finally have some energy today.

Tomorrow will be David's big day - his introduction to the world and his acting career. If all goes well, as I am assuming it will, we should be able to make the dramatized services at church tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to it. Not only is it my first performance in the Passion Play, but David's as well. Then by next week we should be ready to make all the performances.

If anyone is interested in seeing the dramatized services tomorrow or next week, services are at 9 and 10:45 a.m. This weekend they are doing to Palm Sunday portion of the play, and next week will be the resurrection portion. If you want to come, come EARLY! Check out www.nhlc.org for more information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa! Hope you had a good night's sleep last night (or at least, adequate!). Here's some more 2 cents (hope you don't mind!) Just thought I'd recommend the book "Happy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth. A lot of people consider it the standard book on helping your child sleep nowadays (they recommend it at Early Childhood classes). It's a bigger book, but you can just flip to part in the book that corresponds to your child's age. He actually does not recommend keeping your child up during the day. He says this interferes with brain development and can lead to overtiredness, which can lead to problems sleeping at night. This was definitely the case with Paul with he was a baby - if he didn't get his naps in, he slept worse at night. But all kids are different. If I were you, I'd just try and keep him up as much as you can like 2-4 hours before you go to bed, but let him sleep during the day. Then you can nap or get stuff done, too when he naps! Hope you were able to make it to the play - we weren't able to make church yesterday. I'm as big as a house now!!! Blessings, Amy