Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Recap

Matt and I started the weekend rather well. Friday was "Date Your Mate" night at church. So we listened to a brief message on marriage, then took off for over an hour so we could go out to eat - just the two of us. It helps that David has grown accustomed to the nursery and actually enjoys going there now. What a great idea - the church offers the childcare for a free-will donation to couples can get out on their own.

Saturday wasn't too exciting. We went to Target, sat out on the deck, napped a little, and went for a surprise picnic potluck for our former Scrooge and Passion Play directors. David wore himself out playing at the playground.

Then Sunday we went to church, out to eat, then home to nap. Later in the evening David and I went to church to visit Matt during his break and played in the playground. David absolutely loves their playground because it is made just for a 1- to 2-year-old.

David's new stuff:
- He likes to pick up sticks and use them to play in the dirt.
- He has started hiding things - specifically his food.
- He throws everything - especially if it is at the cat.
- He loves to say "Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?" or "Mama? Mama? Mama?"
- He is always giving hugs ... to us ... and the cat!
- This morning when I was leaving, Matt said, "Can you say 'I love you, Mommy'?", and David responded by saying, "I Oh U" - Ah!!! It made my day!

No comments: