Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Highlights

The Friday Night Drive
Many friends have suggested driving at night when the kids are asleep. So I thought I would try it out. We left the house at 8:00, David finally fell asleep around 9:15, and I arrived at my mom’s at 10:00 hoping that David would stay sleeping as I put him in the pack-n-play. Not quite. Some grandparents just get overly excited to see their grandson. David had an abrupt awakening, followed by sheer panic as he realized that he wasn’t home – combine that with being overly tired and you get a wide-awake and terrified toddler. I tried just about everything to calm him down, and somewhere between midnight and 1 a.m., David finally fell asleep.

The Bataan Memorial Death March
I had a great 10-mile walk with my aunt and uncle - Steve and Sue. We kept a steady pace and managed to complete the walk in 2 hours and 45 minutes. There were two survivors there, and I was able to have one of them to autograph my participation certificate – pretty cool.

Matt made Second Class
This weekend Matt had to go into the reserve center to complete a couple things in preparation for making Second Class Petty-Officer. Yeah! He should be advanced in June so he can add his second chevron in time for the Freedom Celebration on June 30th and July 1st. For those interested in coming – it is something you won’t want to miss!

No comments: