David and I have been spending a lot of time at parks lately. Yesterday we walked about 2.5 miles through a couple parks and even saw some wildlife. David wasn't sure what to think of the snake crossing our path. Then shortly after, a big bug flew into his face. That scared him a big and he did the whole cover-the-eyes thing again. Thankfully it didn't last long. We also saw wood ducks, bunnies, butterflies, etc.
The Neighborhood Fox
On Tuesday night David and I were at a park near our house. We were on the playground equipment when I noticed something at the corner of my eye. A fox was crouched down in the grass just a stone's throw away ... watching us. I picked David up and pointed to the fox, and David got all excited. That was enough to scare the fox away. It ran into the street - almost right into a person walking along the road. Then off it went into a neighboring yard. I brought it up to someone else in the neighborhood who said she caught the fox sleeping under a tree in her backyard one day. Apparently it hung out there all day, and she didn't want to let the kids out of the house. Should this be a concern? Fox have always been hard to spot because they are so shy. Is this fox just that used to people?
"Mommy, a Jesus song on the TV!"
The other night American Idol was on TV. Someone was singing the song "Superstar" for Andrew Lloyd Webber week. David got all excited when he heard someone sing, "Jesus Christ, Superstar ..." He jumped up, "Mommy, a Jesus song on the TV!" He started dancing, just amazed they were singing about Jesus on the TV.
David also noticed a commercial with "Ode to Joy" in the background. He smiled, "Beethoven!" I confirmed, "very good, David. That is Beethoven."
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment