Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy 4th of July!!!

We had a wonderful weekend in our church's Freedom Celebration production, where we were able to honor close to 400 vets! It was such a priviledge to be able to walk amoung so many heros who served and are serving our country. I felt such pride as I walked in the parade of veterans. The roar of close to 2,000 people cheering lasted almost 20 minutes during each performance. After Sunday's performances we were able to have some family over for a BBQ - fun, fun!

Patriotic Caroling
Today Matt and I went to a local nursing home for some patriotic caroling. It was another opportunity to honor those who have gone before us, serving overseas and here in the states. It was so amazing to meet the woman below, who served in the WAVES during WWII! She is a true inspiration to me, as she was among the first women to ever serve in the Navy.


David also enjoyed the caroling. He sang loud and clear for the first half, then tired himself out for the second half. Matt is trying to rock him back to sleep as I type.


We hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July celebrating freedom and the wonderful country with which God has blessed us.

No comments: