Thursday, July 13, 2006

Introducing My New Little Sister - Literally



Yes, its true: I have a new sister. Her name is Shayla. She is eight years old and about to go into third grade. My dad and stepmom have been talking about adopting for a while now. So when the opportunity came to adopt Shayla, they jumped at it. It seems strange to have a younger sister who is 21 years younger than I, but it is also exciting. It will be fun to get to know her better and hopefully be a mentor to her as I have been to my other sisters. For those of you trying to count how many sisters I have now - its five.


David is doing great. Today he had his first trip to the pool. He even came in with me for a while. He was a little tired, as we cut his nap short in order to go swimming, but he still had fun. David had a very active evening, staying awake until close to 8:30. Will he sleep through the night? We'll see!

No comments: