Our neice Amanda visited today with her new baby Tyson (2 months old). We put Tyson in the baby swing, and David had so much fun watching and entertaining the baby. David wouldn't leave him alone, he was totally fascinated. David was trying so hard to share his toys with Tyson and kept finding toys to put in his hands. Then when Tyson was being fed, David brought his blankie - his green blankie - his special blankie - HIS blankie - and gave it to Tyson. I was totally amazed! David is so protective over that blankie, yet he gave it up for the baby.
So maybe this is a sign that David is ready to be a big brother. Hmmm. We will definitely consider this.
Everyone was here when David went down for his nap. So when David woke up, he expected them to still be here. David walked down yelling, "Bapa ... Meema!" He was devistated to find that they had left. After a few tears he settled down. Then he looked around and said, "no baby." That got him upset again. He went to the stairs and yelled down in hopes they might still be here - "Bapa! Bapa!"
Speaking in Sentences
David's vocabulary and speaking skills have improved so much in the past couple weeks. He is practically a different kid. The other day he heard a thump up in our bedroom. David walked to the stairs and yelled up, "Sam! What are do doing?"
Timeouts
The timeouts are working. The other day David was spinning the tree (our fake Christmas tree). After repeated warnings, we brought him up for a timeout. They only last a minute or two, but afterward I was carrying him down and said, "are you going to be good?" David answered, "no tree, no tree." He responded in the same way today after getting a timeout for climbing the stairs. He gets it!
Possessives
Another concept David has come to understand is possessives. He points to everything in the house, "Dadda's shoes ... Mama's shoes ... Mama's hat ... Dadda's book." Then today he was playing with his tractors, "Bapa's tractor ... Bapa, Meema's tractor."
Potty Training
David has been telling us when he wants to be changed, and he is good about telling us that he's gone poopie. So this morning I had a feeling he was going poopie, and asked him, "are you going poopie?" David responded, "ya." I asked, "do you want to sit on the potty?" David smiled, "YA!" Too bad we don't have his potty seat yet. I brought him in to the bathroom and didn't know what to do. I didn't bother with the toilet seat. So when I asked, "do you want to sit down?" David just turned away, "no."
Then this afternoon I asked David, "do you want to go upstairs?" David responded, "no." I asked, "don't you want to be changed?" He said, "no." Finally I said, "well, mommy needs to go potty. Will you come up with me?" David smiled, "okay," and ran up the stairs and into the bathroom.
Okay, enough with David's little accomplishments. Matt and I have interesting things to say about ourselves. Oh ... well ... maybe not. I blew a tire yesterday. Ummm ... that's about it.
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment