Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Date With David

With Matt working evenings, I have been looking for excuses to get out of the house. So yesterday I got home from work just after 3:30, then David and I headed to Rosedale. We shopped for new pajamas, walked around so David could say "hi" to everyone he saw, played at the indoor playground (twice), and bought a picture book at Borders. We even went out to eat at Green Mill for their kids-eat-free deal on Tuesdays. David learned to dip french fries in ketchup, then he dunked his corn dog. He ate every fry, most of the corn dog, and even finished off the strawberry applesauce for dessert. I think he eats more than I do.

Bapa
While at Green Mill there was an older couple sitting behind us. David saw the grey-haired man stand up and got all excited, "Bapa! Bapa! Hi! Bapa!" David was so convinced that was one of his Bapas (Grandpas), that I could barely get him to turn around. The older gentleman next to us was not amused and refused to even acknowledge David. Then every few minutes David would turn around and try to reach out to him, "Bapa?" I felt soft of bad for him - I guess we need to visit some Bapas.

No comments: