So I was driving along on Snelling (David was NOT in the car), when the light turns red, and cars start backing up. I slow to a stop. Then ... I hear wheels screeching behind me. As I glance in the rear view mirror, my whole body tensed up. I knew immediately there was no way she was going to stop in time. The impact of the hit was so hard the ash tray opened and the money inside went flying throughout the car. When it was over I couldn't move. I just sat there shaking for quite a while, unable to open the door.
The woman from the other vehicle was a wreck. She felt so bad and kept apologizing over and over. When I finally came through enough to survey the damage, I was amazed. The Taurus looked way better than I expected. From the force of the impact, I expected the truck to be completely smashed in, but it was just the bumper that was all scratched up. Her car, however, took the brunt of the hit. The front end of her mini-van was smashed, lights broken, and everything bent - you couldn't even tell it was the same accident. The worst part was, she had just purchased the vehicle yesterday.
I was still shaking and had a hard time focusing. When she asked for my phone number I couldn't remember any of them. I did my best to appear calm - mostly because she was so upset, and I desperately wanted her to calm down. We exchanged information ... and I took off to my destination.
Now? My body kills! My back is fine, and my neck just a little sore, but my shoulders and arms feel like I was in a major boxing match. I have no muscle strength at all, and now hours later, I am still shaky. Please say a quick prayer that I recover quickly, mostly because I can barely pick up David right now. I think I'll be fine, but prayer will definitely help.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Someone was watching out for you! It sounds like the injuries and damage to the car could have been a lot worse. Thank heavens you are ok and was able to walk away. Hopefully the other driver will pay more attention when out on the road ... a good lesson to all.
Lisa,
We are glad that you are ok. We will pray that you are feeling totally fine very soon. :)
Post a Comment