It has been over a week since the news of our department layoff, but we are all still plugging away. Our last day will be December 1st, just in time to take a nice Christmas break. A co-worker joked that this is the first time in three years that we have had any jobs security ... because we know we have a job for the next two months. That was a bit assuring, especially with economic turmoil inundating the news.
Things at home are going well. Matt has been hard at work re-landscaping the front of the house. It is going well. For the most part, all we have left is removing some rock and laying the grass. Hopefully we'll get it finished before the snow falls.
I have been hard at work on a couple Web sites. I should be done with my photography web site this weekend. I am using it as my practice web site in the hopes that my design portfolio will go a little smoother. I will definitely link them both when I am finished.
From what I'm hearing from friends, we are all going through hard times right now. It takes a lot of energy to be optimistic, but God is good. I have really increased my prayer life, which has drawn me closer to Him than ever before. If you have any prayer needs, please let me know. I would gladly add them to my list. Blessings to you all!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment