Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Rejoice in my Trials ... for God is Good!

It is with complete peace and joy that I make this announcement. Today is a new day, and I am overjoyed with the goodness that can only be found in Jesus Christ. God is good, and here is why.

AUGUST 27: I started grad school for journalism.

SEPTEMBER 1: God gave me a word - I needed to come back to him. I had an overwhelming desire to grow closer to him. So I started writing my prayers & didn't stop.

SEPTEMBER 2: I felt something was wrong, and I felt God telling me to quit school. I had an uneasiness about the class, and I knew I needed to quit.

SEPTEMBER 3: Though I had passed the date in which I could drop out without penalty, they made a one-time exception and gave me a 100% refund.

SEPTEMBER 7: My prayers and other writings for the week totaled 56 pages. I couldn't stop writing. I felt refreshed, and God was doing an amazing work in my life.

SEPTEMBER 10: I received my layoff notice. Had I not quite school, I would have been out another $1500 (tuition reimbursement).

Usually a layoff or major life change such as this will draw people closer to God. But for me, God drew me closer to him over a week in advance. He was preparing me for this day. Last night I couldn't stop crying ... all tears of joy! I am amazed at God's timing and his goodness and his love for us all. I rejoice in him with all I am.

God is good! I truly can’t wait to see what he has planned for my life. Praise God!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Lisa, this is remarkable! I am so excited that you responded to the Spirit to draw closer. So many of us miss that and then wonder where God is when things get ugly. What's next for you?

The Swanson Family said...

A lot of people ignore God's message but because you have an open heart you heard it loud and clear. Let him lead the way!

Unknown said...

AWESOME, Lisa. I am filled with joy for you.

Anonymous said...

That's amazing, Lisa! I can't wait to see what God has planned for you either!!
Jana