David and I took our first Amtrak trip on Thursday morning. It was great - other than being a couple hours late. From what I heard, some crazy in St. Cloud raced a frieght train, which blocked the line. The train ride itself was very pleasant, and David enjoyed it thoroughly. My grandparents were waiting for us at the train depot in Winona - and amazingly enough, my grandpa's sister and her husband were waiting at the train depot to go to Chicago.
Matt came down to Rushford on Saturday moring. Grandpa showed both Matt and I how to drive the D, so we could each take turns giving David a ride.
On Memorial Day we headed to Winona for a Memorial Day ceremony down by the lake. We spotted someone with an RC battleship out on the lake. David had fun watching that cruise up and down the shore.Our Little Flirt
While at the ceremony in Winona, David walked up to an almost three-year-old girl and said "Hi!" He took her by the hand, saying, "Hold your hand?" She looked at him with a puzzled expression, like - who is this crazy kid trying to lead me a way? David said, "Go to the playground." Then he started leading her away. Matt and I stood there shocked - we couldn't believe what we saw. Finally I stepped in, apologized to the other mother, and split the two of them up. David was trying so hard to be sweet.

1 comment:
What a cute picture! I love it!
Jana
Post a Comment