I was making dinner the other day, and David was playing in the living room. I heard giggling and glanced in to see what he was up to. David had climbed the little bookshelf and was sitting on top with his feet hanging over while watching a squirrel eat out of the bird feeder outside. It was funny - the squirrel was dangling upside down trying hard to keep from falling.
Time Outs
After David started playing in his crib during time outs, we decided to change it up a bit. Now David takes his time outs on the stairs, and it works quite well. He knows when he's done something wrong. So I tell him to sit on the stairs, and he goes by himself and waits patiently. He has yet to throw a fit, and he needs no escort.
After he sits there for a minute I ask, "do you know what you did wrong?"
"Ya," he answers. Then he explains to me what he did - I can sometimes understand him.
"Are you going to be good?"
"Ya." And he gets up.
I love you!
David just started saying "I love you!" clear as day. The grandparents especially like that since David says it on the phone.
We were at the grocery store on Monday afternoon, and there was a man sitting on a bench near the checkout. While I was bagging, David was trying to talk to him. Then as we left, David yelled out, "Bye, bye - see you later!" David has so many cute little sayings that just amaze me.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment