Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Very Merry Christmas

We all had a wonderful Christmas. Christmas Eve we started off with a special service at church in which David and I both participated. Then since Matt had to work, David and I headed up to Ramsey to celebrate Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Karlson.
David loved his new laptop, as well as letter blocks, bathtub toys and another John Deere tractor (always a sure win).
David gives Honey a Christmas kiss. Honey is due to deliver puppies in just three weeks!
Then on Christmas we headed up to Grandpa and Grandma Bjerkes, where we had Christmas with Great Grandpa and Grandma Kragness and Grandpa and Grandma Anderson as well.
One of my favorite gifts was David's snowpants. We had such trouble finding a store that carried them, so I finally asked my mom to look for me. Now we can bring David out to play in the snow.
Another hit present was this NWA jet. David had so much fun with his wheeled and winged gifts. He also received books, clothes, bath stuff, his first (board) game, and much more.

It was interesting watching David open his gifts. I though he would go nuts with it, but he really didn't. In fact, each time he opened a gift, he wanted time to play with it before moving on. We spaced it out pretty well by giving him one gift at a time every hour or so. Then he didn't get overwhelmed and had time to enjoy each thing. I am so excited for next year when we can teach him to give.

Matt and I made out pretty good as well. One of our favorite gifts is a date - and we received 5 of them (5 restaurant gift cards). They get us out of the house when we would otherwise stay home.

We received lots of other stuff as well, but the highlight for me was watching everyone open this year's yearbook from us. This is the second year Matt and I have put together a yearbook for the family, full of pictures and notes of everything we did throughout 2007. The master copy was 132 pages, although everyone received a different version specific to their family. I also had fun designing T-shirts for some family members. Making or designing my own gifts seems much more meaningful, and I am grateful to have the skills and resources to pull it off.

No comments: