Sunday, December 16, 2007

It moved me to tears ...

This had to be the most significant milestone of David's life thus far. He has been reading his beginner Bible every day. He grabs it, climbs into the rocking chair, then pages through it for over a half an hour. This morning as I was getting ready for church, I heard David say "Bapa" (Grandpa). So I glanced in to see what he was doing.

There David was, sitting on his rocking chair, Bible in his lap, hands folded, head bowed, and praying "Bapa, Meema, Auntie, Dada, Mama ... Amen." I seriously could not believe it. My eyes welled up with tears as I stood there in amazement at my little boy saying his first solo prayer.

Now, through my soggy eyes I didn't pay attention to which page he was on, but I wonder if he was on a page that showed someone praying. I can't believe he made a connection between prayer and the Bible. Usually we only pray before meals and before bed. However, as we tuck him in we go through everyone's name as we pray, so obviously he caught on.

This is by far the best Christmas gift I could have received.

1 comment:

~Sherry said...

That is so sweet Lisa.
You are such a good Mom.