We really haven't done much over the last week. This weekend we spent some time at the park and took advantage of the cooler weather by bicycling 15 miles yesterday.
Our Manipulative Little Child
David has learned how to get what he wants ... by being the sweetest little kid. One of his big things right now is, if he wants to do something, he'll say, "Do you want to ... with me? Wouldn't that be fun?" Of course! How can you say no to that?
Then at bedtime, I'll ask him to go upstairs, and he'll respond, "Can I cuddle with you on the couch first?" Aaaah! Of course? No? I love it when he wants to cuddle on the couch, but I know it is just an excuse to postpone bedtime.
I went up and gave David a hug the other day, and he responds with, "I love you too, Mom." That was enough to make me cry. Or yesterday I was groaning about something, and David comes up and says, "Don't worry about it, Mom."
So yes, David is sweet, but he also knows what things to say to make my heart melt and give in to whatever he wants. He is good ... really good.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a smartie pants. I can totally relate - when Owen knows he is about to get in trouble he'll tell me, "Mommy, you're sweet."
Post a Comment