Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Some Things Just Aren't Meant To Be

For months Matt and I have been planning a winter backpacking trip to Tettegouche State Park. David was going to go to my mom's house for a few days while Matt and I went away together for a romantic Valentine's Day trip. Unfortunately, my mom came down with influenza and can no longer watch David, meaning we will no longer be able to go.

This is the third North Shore trip in the past several months we have had to cancel. I can't remember why we canceled the first trip, but the second trip was due to Matt getting the AV job at church. Now here we are again, canceling our trip and loosing out on the $150 we put down on the cabin. I guess some thing just aren't meant to be.

Really though, I don't feel all that bad about it. Matt and I haven't had a day off together since New Year's Day, so it will be nice to spend some family time together with David. If it were any other week, I would have taken my sister Brooke instead. But since it is Valentine's Day, and because our family time has been hard to come by, it is probably best we accept our losses and embrace what we do have - each other.

No comments: