Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What David Is Learning Now

Learning Letters
David is totally fascinated with letters. He loves pointing to the letters, saying, "E ... C ... D ... I ... A ... D." He may not recognize which letters are which, but he gets the main idea of what they are. He can even make the sounds when we ask him what each letters sounds like. We have tried teaching him numbers, but he quickly reverts back to letters.

Taking Turns
David is such a fair little boy. When we are eating together at the table, he makes sure that Matt and I take turns helping him. First it will be Daddy, as David hands him his fork for help. Then after a few bites he will hand the fork to Mommy. And so it goes, back and forth and back again. It actually works well for us so we can take turns eating our own food.

I Love You
David can't quite say, "I love you," but he does have his own way of saying it. Whenever I tell him I love him, he responds by saying, "Ma Ma Ma." And if I tell him to say, "I love you, Daddy," he responds with, "Da Da Da." He totally gets what "I love you" means, and often says it when he gives us a kiss. He just can't say the actual words yet. Still, I love hearing it every time I say goodbye in the morning, "Ma Ma Ma!"

No comments: