It was only 5:30 in the afternoon when I brought David upstairs to change his diaper, though it was already dark out. A little panic set in as David started whimpering, "No ni-ni. Ah-a, a-ha, ni-ni."
I tried reassuring him, "No David, it's not ni-ni. We are going back down to play."
He whimpered some more, but as soon as I finished changing him, he headed to his crib and tried climbing in, saying, "Ni-ni."
So I picked him up and tried bringing him downstairs, but then he really freaked out. "Ni-ni! Ni-ni!"
What? You were just upset because you didn't want to go ni-ni. And as soon as we got downstairs, off he goes toward the stairs, "Ni-ni!"
And that is how we spend our nights. He keeps thinking its time for bed, and I have to keep entertaining him until it really is time for bed. His internal clock is a little off.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment