Today is Matt's birthday, so tonight we are celebrating by ... doing another play performance. Actually we are going out to eat today for lunch. I am all for deals, and Joe Senser's has free meals on your birthday. Pretty sweet.
And Happy Easter, too!
With all the excitement of two birthdays, David's baptism, and all of the play performances, it is easy for me to loose sight of what this weekend really is. So I want to stop and meditate on this powerful weekend.
Participating in the Passion Play has had an amazing impact on me. The story of Jesus is no longer a story, but rather an experience. The people on stage are not acting, because the experience, the emotions, the excitement, etc. ... are all real to those on stage. When Jesus performs the miracles, the excitement on stage is real, because we know Jesus actually performed those miracles. I cry tears of joy everytime Jesus heals the dead boy. And when Jesus walks to the cross and dies, the tears of those on stage are real, because what Jesus did becomes real to us. And again when Jesus rises, the excitement of the cast running and yelling "He's Alive!" becomes real. It is amazing! For those on stage, this is not a play, and these are not performances, but rather an amazing and personal experience of who Jesus Christ really is.
Okay, enough of my rambling. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Easter!
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment