Saturday, April 21, 2007

David's Great Escape

So David was supposed to be in the nursery before the performance tonight, but as Matt and I walked down from our cast meeting before the performance we saw a woman we didn't know carrying him into the nursery. An usher found David wandering in the sanctuary. For those of you who have been to our church, you know it is pretty big.

As a mother, I am not sure how to take this. I understand that kids can sneak out of the nursery, and I am sure this isn't the first time. Yet, David is only one, and there are so many dangers he could have found on his solo journey, not to mention the possibility of someone walking off with him.

So what happened? Here is our assumption. Older kids and adults are constantly coming and going through the nursery. I can't even tell you how many times I have seen the door left open. David must have seen the open door and just walked out looking for us. He may be only one, but he knows his way around the church pretty well.

The thing is, we really do have a great nursery staff. For the most part they are great at keeping track of all the kids. I understand how quick kids are and how easy it is to loose track of them. That is why I am having a hard time with this. Part of me is upset, yet I am not upset at anyone in particular. I guess I just need to pray for God's peace over this and thank him that everything ended well.

No comments: