This morning David took his first unassisted step. He has been running with his little push cart, and he can stand steadily on his own, but this morning he took his first step. He was standing up without holding anything. When I saw it I encouraged him to come to me ... and he did. He picked up his foot and took one step toward me before thrusting himself into my arms.
In Other News
It has been a pretty busy week, starting with last weekend when Matt drilled. He had to leave around 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, then he finished up at the reserve center around 7:00 p.m.! I had to be at my company's holiday party at 5:30 p.m., and Matt finally was able to join me around 8:00 p.m.. Then Sunday Matt had to leave at 6:30 a.m. again. He finally got done at the reserve center around 5:00 p.m., then he rushed home to get his keys and head to work at church until after 11:00 p.m. So we really didn't see much of each other last weekend. Then Monday and Tuesday we worked opposite shifts, and Thursday he started choir. So that's one more night a week we don't see each other. See a trent? Yes, I am frustrated a little, but we hope and pray this is only temporary.
The Good News
I talked with my unit last weekend about going IRR (Inactive Ready Reserve), meaning I would no longer have to drill. I still have to drill one more weekend, then hopefully after that I will be done with my weekend commitments. That will give Matt and I one more day together each month. It is a good way to get a little more time without giving up the Navy entirely. It also leaves the gate open to get back in door when and if I am ready to jump back in.
David's 9-Month Checkup
Weight: 22.5 lbs. (80th percentile)
Height: 31.25 in. (97th percentile)
Head: 45.5 cm. (50th percentile)
So not much has changed. David seems to be growing at a steady rate. He is healthy and wonderful! He did have to have one shot, and again, he only cried for about 10 seconds. After that he was all smiles and jumping around. What a tough kid!
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment