7 lbs 15 ozs, 21 inches




So I started reading my old blog posts after David was born and realized that I need to keep a record of Isaac as well. It is amazing to see the difference between the two boys. David was a very fussy baby who rarely slept, and Isaac is completely opposite.
The labor and delivery were also much easier this time around. I had to be induced with David, so I expected I'd need to be induced with Isaac as well. However, two days before my due date, the contractions started. I had just seen the OB two hours earlier, and she said there were no signs I'd go within the next couple days. But shortly after getting home, I started getting contractions. My Dad & Val came to pick up David just in case I'd need to go to the hospital in the middle of the night. Sure enough - we were heading to the hospital at 2 a.m. It was a long day — I was up 42 hours straight, but it was amazing. Isaac was quite a bit smaller at birth, so we joked that David paved the way. I only had to push through three contractions, and he was out.
Now we've enjoyed our first week home. Last night Isaac only woke once to eat, then he was back to sleep. It has been almost too good to be true, so I keep expecting things to change soon. Isaac sleeps a lot. Today I'm hoping to keep him up a little more. It should help that we are going to the VBS picnic, and then we have Isaac's one-week appointment.

No comments:
Post a Comment