It has been a good first week with Isaac. Overall, he has been sleeping pretty well, and so have we. Isaac has yet to wake up David in the middle of the night. It probably helps that David has a fan in his room.
Now just over 10 days old, things are starting to change. Isaac is having some tummy troubles, which is making him a little fussy. He seems fine as long as we are holding him. But as soon as we put him down, then the trouble begins. I'm looking into adjusting my diet for him ... something I didn't think to do with David. Hopefully his tummy will settle down and he'll stay the happy and content baby he's been so far.
We took Isaac to his first Sunday church service yesterday. Had I realized how painfully loud it would be (with a visiting worship team), I would have stayed home and watched online. I took Isaac out after the first song, and we watched on a monitor in another room. Here I was so excited to finally sit in church with my husband, and I still didn't sit with him. Hopefully next week.
The other day David said something to me that no son should EVER say to his mother. "Mom, you look like you're still pregnant." Um ... yes, I am aware of that. I assured him that it just takes time, but I will look normal again.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't you love the brutal honesty of your children? My favorite came from Signe, around age 6. "Mom, you have a big butt." Why, thank you dear :)
Love the name Isaac! I have one of my own, in fact :)
Take care, Andersons!
Post a Comment