This last month has been one of the most amazing adventures of my life. No, I didn’t hike 22 miles in a day, and no, I didn’t even make it out backpacking. I didn’t bike across the state or canoe down the Mississippi. This adventure wasn’t physical at all, but spiritual.
One month ago today, I cried out to God and begged him to renew my faith. I felt empty and pleaded for him to transform my life. Here is part of the prayer I prayed on September 1st:
Where are you, Oh Lord? I struggle to see you in my life. It isn't that you aren't in my presence, but rather that I walk from yours.
I want to see you in my life. I want to follow you with my whole heart. I want to be so Jesus-focused that everything of this world fades out of focus. I want my life to revolve around you. It isn't enough to be in your company, I want to be intimate with you. I want to know you and understand you.
My life is like an unquenchable thirst. I constantly thirst for more of you, but have trouble taking a drink. The distractions of a child, husband, work, school, bills, favors, time, etc. - they all battle for my attention. There are more of them ... I am outnumbered. But you, Oh Lord, are victorious and can help me to defeat the worldly distractions.
Help me, Jesus. Help me in my walk with you. Keep me on your path. Keep me focused on you. Bring me closer to you every minute ... every second.
Be with me today. Help me to be a better mother ... a better wife ... a better person. I am nothing without you. I love you, Lord!
Since I prayed this prayer, God has set me on fire and turned my life upside down. I am not the person I was on September 1st. Today, I stand strong and confident in the Lord. I have an energy and excitement that cannot be described, because I know He has a plan for my life. Loosing my job made me realize that God’s plan for me is bigger than banks ... bigger than credit unions.
I have to admit that I love my job. I have the best coworkers I could have ever asked for. I love my short 3-mile commute to work and my 5+ weeks of PTO every year. But I was too comfortable. I had a good thing going, and that comfort prevented me from stepping out in faith.
Right now, I have no idea where I’m going. I love to design, I enjoy marketing, and I would really like to branch out into a more challenging role. I really don’t know where God is calling me. I would love to work in public relations or possibly design a magazine. I have a passion for my work, and I pray for a job which can utilize all of my skills. Really, it isn’t up to me. I know my life is in His hands, and He has a plan.
For now, I walk in faith ... and in continuous prayer. No matter what trials come my way, He will carry me through. God is good, and I rejoice in Him with all I am!
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lisa - this is sooooo cool. I am seeing a pattern in the lives of many of my friends (me included) of God drawing people out of their comfort zones and challenging them with something new. It's a very exciting time right now. Aren't you glad you were sensitive to his Spirit?!
Post a Comment