Monday, March 16, 2009

Late Winter Backpacking

Matt and I took a quick over-night backpacking trip to a hike-in cabin at Lake Maria State Park on Sunday night. We sent David to Grandpa and Grandma Karlson's house, where he had a great time!
Lake Maria still had plenty of snow, although the trail became quite wet in spots. It was only about a half-mile hike to the cabin, so it wasn't anything we couldn't handle.
The cabin was wonderful, as always. The beavers were already out and busy, giving us a great show to watch from the cabin.

Update on David

Well, David is just about potty-trained. He now can go on command, although he never tells me if he has to go. On Saturday, he only had one accident. I don't think he had any on Sunday. Then today he had two accidents, both because he didn't tell me that he had to go. However, if I bring him to the bathroom on a regular basis, he will go. Still, we have a ways to go. I am optimistic we turned a huge corner, and it should come easier from here.

No comments: